St Tropez 2022
An evening of discovery
The event took place on July 23 with over 500 international attendees. Celebrity guests, award winners and supporters included: Robbie Williams, Kevin Love, Giannis Antetokounmpo, Rob Raco, Cameron Winklevoss, Lola Tash & Nicole Argiris (@mytherapistsays), Peter Berg, Philippe Parenno, Kate Bock and Queen Latifah.
Live performances, presentations and art installations included Kool & The Gang, Tinie Tempah, BLOND:ISH, master mentalist Lior Suchard, Tino Sehgal, Jeppe Hein, Refik Anadol and the “first cyborg” Nathan Copeland.
Entrepreneurs and investors pledged funds and committed to projects worth more than $8m USD.
- Robbie Williams announced the creation of a global concert series, in association with Aurora, to raise funds and destigmatize mental health.
- Henrique Dubugras, Pedro Franceschi, founders of fintech leader BREX revealed a $3m USD plan to support their 15,000 customers to create more mental-health friendly workplaces.
- NBA superstar Giannis Antetokounmpo announced the addition of mental health initiatives to the work of Charles Antetokounmpo Family Foundation that focuses on refugees and immigrants, youth, sport, education, food & shelter, and widows.”
The Aurora Discovery Conference
The Aurora Discovery Conference was filled with interactive sessions from leading experts designed to expose delegates to radically new ideas, disruptive companies and new points of view. Sessions included:
- New Solutions for the Mental Health Crisis moderated by Dr Tom Insel, former Director of 10 years at the US National Institute of Mental Health and George Goldsmith and Ekaterina Malievskaia, Founders of Compass Pathways.
- A Broader View on Mental Health: From Depression to Alzheimer’s; From Prevention to Biomarkers moderated by Max de Vere, Managing Partner re.Mind Capital with panelists: Dr Srinivas Rao, CSO atai Life Sciencesm, Sharon Rogers, CEO Amyriad Therapeutics, Dr Amit Etkin, Etkin lab Wu Tsai Neurosciences Institute at Stanford, NIH Pioneer Award, CEO Alto Neurosciences and Dr Marcus Gerhard, CEO Blackrock Neuroscience.
- The Quest to Cure Aging and the Path to Immortality, moderated by Aaron Weaver, Principal Apeiron Investment Group with panelists: James Peyer, Founder & CEO Cambrian Biopharma and Pierre-Antoine Mudry, Head IR Rejuveron Life Sciences.
- Towards a Culture of Mental Wellbeing moderated by Mikolaj Sekutowicz, CEO and Curator of ThermeArt with panelists from Refik Anadol, Artist Roksana Ciurysek-Gedir, Chairwoman of the Impact Advisory Board of White Oak Global Advisors and Benjamin Habbel, Founder AETHOS Hotels.
- The Political Landscape in Europe & The US – Source of Happiness or Depression? Moderated by Christian Angermayer, Founder of Apeiron Investment Group and atai Life Sciences with panelists: Sebastian Kurz, former Chancellor of Austria and Jens Spahn, Vice-Chairman of German CDU with focus on business and energy.